Welcome to Fifth Grade
As incoming fifth graders, we thought that providing you a list of supplies that would be helpful in preparing you for a fifth grade year.
· A 1 binder with 9 dividers
· 4 pocket folders – red, blue, green, purple
· A pencil case, not a box, to be put in your desk
· 2 ultra-thin black sharpies
· 2 red ball point pens for correcting
· 2 One subject, wide ruled spiral notebooks – blue, purple
· 2 packs of #2 pencils
· Erasers – white or pink (no toys)
· 1 pack of 12 colored pencils– sharpened
· 1 pack of 12 thin colored markers
· Black dry erase markers and an eraser
· Covers for your textbooks – jumbo sized (textbooks can also be covered with heavy paper)
More importantly, the important things you must do to prepare for 5th grade are:
Know your multiplication facts 1 – 12!!!!! These facts need to be memorized completely. We will be testing you during the first week of school. You have plenty of time to practice, so review them a little bit each day!
Use ST Math and visit TenMarks.com to stay current with your math. TenMarks.com offers a summer math program that will help you stop the loss and get ahead of the curve.
Achieve3000.com will be available for your summer use. Use your sign in from 4th grade and continue to read on topics you choose. Your teacher will be able to see your summer progress when you enter 5th grade.
Read!!!!! Try to read 3 books this summer. Use BookFinder and/or the Torrance library to find some new and interesting books to read.
Torrance Library -http://www.torranceca.gov/Library/11490.htm
We are really looking forward to having a great year! Make sure you start off prepared!